Next: 4.1.6 Querying with RPM
Up: 4.1 Red Hat Package
Previous: 4.1.4 Unresolved Dependencies
The command line for removing RPMs is:
rpm -e <package_file>
There are options for removing packages.
- Remove all versions of the package which match <package_name>.
Normally an error is issued if <package_name> matches multiple packages.
- Don't execute the preuninstall or postuninstall scripts.
- Don't execute scripts which are triggered by the removal
of this package.
- Don't check dependencies before uninstalling the packages.
- Don't really uninstall anything, just go through the motions.
- Don't check for broken dependencies before removing the